Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Me, My Daughter, and Her Cat

When I was sent to Thailand for over a month, I missed my daughter so much that when I heard her voice over the phone, I just wanted to listen to her and get mesmerized by her sweet little voice. On another occasion, I was so eager to bring home an exciting news that I talked, and talked my heart out all throughout dinner that I didn't realize, I was the only one speaking.  Before we retired to bed that night, I checked on my daughter to see if everything was okay with her.  I was deeply disturbed when I saw her lying on her back wiping a tear on her face.  When I asked her what was wrong, she got up and took me outside the house.  Pointing to a tiny spot in the backyard, she told me in tears,  "That's where we buried my kitten this afternoon, dad.  She was bitten by a stray dog."  My heart sunk and almost melted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment